Friday, January 19, 2007

Craigslist, redux

Putting up the ad for an intern on the volunteer part of CL didn't really work out, so I gave in and posted it under the normal job listings. Since I'm looking for someone(s) with a variety of abilities and interests, I put it up in two categories at $25 each: business/mgmt jobs and marketing/advertising/PR jobs.

I'm not really happy that I had to spend money on this, but so go the costs of doing business. The irony of having to pay to post a listing on a job site while constructing a job site myself is not lost on me.

This is just one more thing I never really thought about in the past. In my mind, Craigslist was always a free, easy way to find roommates, sell something, or whatever. I suppose they need to make money somehow too, and they get their revenue from job postings.

No comments: