Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Design Template Coming Along

I went through a couple design templates this weekend, and it looks like we're coming along after some revisions. Some initial issues I never even thought of arose when everything came back written in British English instead of American English. e.g. things were written as "centre" vice "center," "CV" vice "resume," etc.

I like the color scheme and the categories, but I'm somewhat biased toward blue and the UCLA color scheme (Go Bruins). I have decided to go without advertising for the time-being, and I think it will clutter and confuse things. Also, I want to offer the most value possible to initial visitors to build traffic and populate the databases. After all, what's the use of a professional networking site if no one uses it... High database population and traffic benefit both me (ads in the future) and clients (more applicant/job choices). It's a trade off to go with less revenue now, but I think it will be worth it.

No comments: